COVID-19 Volunteer Agreement 2021
In an effort to provide a safe working environment for volunteers, staff, and partners, Hope’s Harvest RI continues to take precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Social distancing requirements and other disease prevention protocols as provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) are to be followed throughout all gleaning trips this season and are subject to change at any time. Additionally, gleaning trips may be offered/canceled on short notice due to public health updates or COVID-19 exposure. We realize that these procedures may be difficult and extend the time of the gleaning trip and would like to thank our volunteers for your continued patience and attentiveness. By signing up to attend a gleaning trip as a volunteer with Hope’s Harvest RI, you agree to comply with the following protocols.
Prior to volunteering with Hope’s Harvest RI in 2021, all prospective volunteers must watch the 2021 Volunteer Orientation Video, and complete the Hope’s Harvest RI 2021 Volunteer Orientation Post Quiz. By signing this agreement I agree that I have watched the video and completed the quiz.
For the 2021 season, we are limiting individual volunteers to people 16 years of age or older. I agree that I am 16 years of age or older. (This season, if you would like to get younger people involved or do a school trip, please contact us and we will consider doing a one-off gleaning trip.)
I will not attend a gleaning trip and will notify HHRI if I exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 (sore throat, running nose, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste/smell, or fever), if I have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or if I have been in contact with an individual exhibiting symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
If I experience any symptoms of COVID-19 while in attendance on a gleaning trip, I will immediately notify the staff trip leader on duty, and I will accept all directions from staff to mitigate any safety risks.
I will not attend a gleaning trip if in the 10 days prior to the trip I have done any of the following:
- Traveled outside the United States (US) and US territories or traveled to a hot spot within the US and US territories – (Unless fully vaccinated)
- Been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 (you’ve been within 6 feet of someone with COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more in a 24-hour period) – (Unless fully vaccinated)
- Currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and/or have in the past 14 days (Vaccinated OR Unvaccinated)
Before the gleaning trip I will:
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19
- Acquire a clean, personal mask that fully covers nose and mouth
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds prior to gleaning
While on gleaning trips I will:
- Wear my mask unless I am:
- A child under 2
- Consuming food or beverage (at least 3 ft away from others)
- Developmentally unable to wear a mask
- Fully vaccinated
- Indoors and able to maintain 3 ft distance
- Outdoors and able to maintain 3 ft distance
- Wear a mask for all INDOOR trips (sorting, packing, etc.)
- Observe 3-foot social distancing during all phases of the trip and follow specified work flows that help to enforce the 3-feet.
- Wash my hands before, after, and during gleaning trips, and after eating, drinking, going to the restroom, or touching my face, to the CDC standard.
- Practice universal infection control precautions such as avoiding touching of the eyes, nose, or mouth while on the trip.
- Have a mask on your person and available at all times, even if I am not wearing it. Although HHRI is changing their COVID-19 guidelines, the farms and businesses that we visit may ask us to comply with their guidelines.
- Not be allowed in the truck
After volunteering, I will reach out and inform a HHRI staff member immediately if I experience any of the following:
- diagnosis of COVID-19;
- COVID-19 symptoms; or
- I learn that I was exposed to COVID-19 anytime within the two week period prior to volunteering.
If I am not comfortable with being on a trip with unmasked participants due to personal or medical reasons, I can make an anonymous request for fully masked gleaning trips by contacting Mollie Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other registrants would be informed that the trip is mask-required.
I understand that Hope’s Harvest RI and its staff members reserve the right to deny me entry to a gleaning trip, may require me to leave any gleaning trip, or may remove me from the registration list if I do not agree to and/or comply with this COVID protocol. Staff reserves the right to ask any relevant questions regarding health and hygiene that he/she considers may pose a safety risk while on a gleaning trip.
Should any of my answers change between now and the gleaning trip I am registering for, I agree to communicate this to the trip leader, cancel my registration, and refrain from engaging in gleaning activities until cleared by an HHRI staff member.
In times of crisis, we each have to evaluate our ability to respond and what that might look like. We know this season will be different for all of us. Please know, if you cannot or choose not to volunteer at this time, we understand and still want to stay connected. Reach out, drop us a note, and let us know how you’re doing!