Please watch the video recording of our most recent orientation, then take the quiz. After that, you will be added to our database of approved volunteers who can glean safely! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Volunteer Orientation COVID Addendum
We will continue to revise our COVID-19 Safety Measures to reflect re-opening guidelines issued by the state of Rhode Island and CDC.
Pre-screening questions update:
In the last 14 days, have you…
• traveled to any foreign country?
• traveled to any state or city with a current stay-at-home order in place? It is your responsibility to know the COVID protocol in your place of travel.
• been on a cruise ship?
• been around anyone who has tested positive for or exhibited symptoms of COVID-19?
• been to an event where more than 15 people were in attendance? *
• experienced any of the following symptoms- sore throat, running nose, cough, difficulty breathing, confusion, loss of taste/smell, or fever?
*The State’s reopening plan for Faith-Based Organizations in Phase II requires face masks are worn at all times that 6-foot spacing cannot be easily, continuously, and measurably maintained, and that organizations limit occupancy to 25% of the area’s maximum occupancy level. If you are not from within the same household, 6-feet of spacing is required. If volunteers are following these protocols during faith-based gatherings, they are safe to glean.
We cannot monitor what everyone does outside of work/volunteering and we all want to enjoy the “opening” of RI. HHRI asks that everyone is mindful of the precautions they are taking during their free time in accordance with state guidelines so we can continue to glean and deliver food all season to those in need.